Blog post 3 in the personalized classroom

Hey, readers, this is my third blog post of the year and I’ve done some amazing learning this week. I’m glad to be writing again after another 2 weeks. Some of this is about Trumpet practice and Writing summaries. The rest is how I learned from it.

If I haven’t said previously I play the trumpet in the band at school. I think I am the best trumpet player in the band. I can play a wide range of notes, read notes and play some Christmas tunes like Jolly Old Saint Nicholas, Jingle Bells, The Home Alone theme and Good King Wenceslas. In class, we normally practice a few songs and do some note drills. Before and after practice, I always practice harder songs that I do outside of class. Sometimes, maybe every other class we learn a new song or note (which I probably already know because I’m really ahead in the music/learning book and in trumpeting overall).

In language arts, I’ve been writing this blog post (Of Course!) and writing summaries. I’ve known how to do it before but the way my teacher does it you follow an order to write it in which is so much easier. These are the steps, First, you write about the main character(s) and then you write about what the characters want or the problem in the book or chapter. Then you would describe how the characters solve the problem and then what they do next. Then you write about how it ends. Remember S W B S T ( Somebody, Wanted, But, So, Then).

Thank you for reading about my learning, if you liked this post leave a comment. Thank you for reading and see you in 2 weeks!